Sunday, October 08, 2006

SURPRISE?!

Sweaty, tired, and ready for a shower. My better judgement told me to first get all the groceries in from the back of the old but faithful black pickup.
Past our white metal with glass door, into our cool (in comparison to the steaming outdoors) green living room, I stumbled with my arms full of bags.
I thought to myself, as I looked in our white kitchen. On our black stove laid 2 big blackened pans . Being unalarmed, as I usually am, Shurging my shoulders I went back to get some more of those heavy white plastic bags.
went our doorbell, and in walked four young men. I knew some of their dark and slim faces, but not all of them. I said to them. Curious as to their visit, I asked . Instead of answering me, they replied in a familiar Mexican 'tune'; their boyish giggle told me they either weren't here to see me, I should've known, or they simply were not going to tell me.
Knowing no amount of probing would change their minds, I returned to my duties in the kitchen. At which time my precious tired mother turned to me and asked me to do something for her and go out the back door to our lucious green back yard. I agreed, and stepped out into the dusky looking skies. It was then I was attacked by two all familiar brown, beautiful faces. Maria Elena and China jumped from the ground with their hands in the air yelled .
To not make the story too long...the youth threw me a belated birthday party/and a (second) welcome home party. We sat around, played games, ate, and they blessed me with their words of encouragement. They were awesome, and blessed me.
Whenever I am with the youth I have fun, I hope they do too!!. I have also enjoyed being back here (since Sept 20th) in Petatlan, after being in the States for a little while.
I have been gearing up with prayer to seek what God wants done with His youth and worship team here.
Thank you for all your prayers and all your support and all your love. I pray that you and your home would be blessed with more of His Grace & Peace.

Sincerely, in Christ Jesus,
Bethany Snyder


Sudada, cansada, y lista para un baño. My mejor juicio me decía que debería sacar las compras de nuestro fiel pickup negro antes de ir a descansar.

Mas allá de la blanca puerta de metal con su ventanilla, dentro en nuestro fresca (en comparasión con el calor de afuera) sala verde, entré con mis manos llenas de bolsas pesadas. me dije a mi misma, cuando miré en nuestra cocina blanca. Encima de nuestra estufa negra descansanban dos ollas desprevenidas. . Sin más preocación, encogí mis hombros, me dí la vuelta y regresé por más de esas bolsas pesadas.

sonó el timbre de la puerta, y en entraron cuatro chavos. Conocía algunos de sus guapas caras, pero no todos. Les dije. Curiosa de su visita, les pregunté En modo de respuesta escuché sus risitas nerviosas entre ellos en forma de contestación. O no habían venido para verme, debería ya de saber su motivo, o simplemente no me iban a responder.

Sabiendo que no importaba cuanto les sondeaba, ésa eran sus respuestas, me levanté a mis deberes en la cocina. En cual momento mi preciosa pero cansada madre voltió hacia mí para pedirme que llevara unas cosas para ella afuera, a nuestro verde plantas y pasto. Yo acordé y al salir debajo del bello oscuro cielo, fui acosada por dos bellas y conocidas personas.Maria Elena and China saltaron desde el piso con sus manos en alto y gritaron <¡¡Sorpresa!!>.

Para no hacer ésta historia desmasiada larga...los jóvenes me dieron una fiesta de cumpleaños (tardío)/y una fiesta de bienvenida (ó diría mi 'regresada'). Nos sentamos en un circulo, jugamos, comimos, nos divertimos, y ellos me bendicieron con sus vidas y sus palabras de ánimo. Te tengo que admitir que éstos jóvenes y sus líderes son muy chidos!!

Cuando sea que estoy con los jóvenes me divierto un resto, espero que ellos también!! Regresé de mi estancia en E.U.A. El 20 de Septiembre, y he disfrutado mucho estar de regreso en Petatlán.

He estado buscando del Señor acerca de lo que El quiere hacer en Petatlán, y con sus jóvenes, y con su equipo de alabanza. Muchas gracias por todas tus oraciones y apoyo y cariño. Yo pido que tu y tu casa sean bendecidos con más de Su Gracia y Paz.

Sinceramente, en Cristo,

Betania Snyder



1 comment:

Raul said...

Mi nombre es raul. Hace algunos años viajaba a cuernavaca con mi familia y se me descompuso mi coche. Por casualidad llegue a la iglesia donde asistes y hasta hospedaje nos diste. Gracias Beth. Saludos a tu pa.