Tuesday, November 14, 2006

THIS WAS THE THIRD NIGHT...

This was the third night, three days of such an enjoyable experience. I thought to myself as I served the coke and dished up the little bread pieces called 'bolillos'.

'Alguien quiere mas?' I asked the women and children sitting in our green living room if they wanted more to eat. Their motions of satisfaction were my reply. The movie had started and I of all people should not be a distraction from the gospel message.

As we watched the movie, I couldn't help but pray over these ladies. Reminded of my visits to their homes, of the times I would bake goodies and take to them. In hopes that they would come to know me and one day I would be able to share with them my greatest joy. My mother also sat in the group, no doubt with my same thoughts.

'Mi esperanza esta en Dios...' (my hope is in God) the song flowed from the TV set, telling me that the end was near. I wasn't sure what I should say, so I started to pray. I led the ladies into a summary of the three days and also of the movie. Then I asked them to bow their heads with me.

I thought to myself, a little dissapointed as I had asked those who wanted to received Jesus as their Lord to raise their hand. But I led in it anyways.

Who would have known, that once we were done praying, my mom asked them if they had prayed the prayer 'Quien pidio a Jesus entrar en su corazon?' ....they ALL raised their hands!! When I heard that, I almost wanted to leap for joy!!

So now, mom and I will be having a new homegroup, where these 6 ladies and 7 children that prayed that prayer can come, be discipled and come to know more about Jesus! He is awsome!!!

May you be wonderfully blessed today!!


Bethany Snyder


Esta era la tercera noche, tres dias de una experiencia tan agradable. Pensé a mi misma mientras servía la coca y las 'boli-pizzas'.

'Alguien quiere mas?' Le pregunté a las mujeres y los niños sentados en nuestra sala verde. Sus señas de satisfacción fueron my contestación. La película había ya comenzado y yo de todas las personas no debía ser una distracción de este mensaje tan importante.

Mientras veíamos la interesante película, no podía parar de orar por estas mujeres. Me acordé de mis visitas a sus hogares, llevánoles postres. Solo con el deseo de que algún día yo pudiese compartirles mi más grande gozo. Sin duda, mi madre sentada en el grupo, estaría pensando lo mismo.

'Mi esperanza esta en Dios...' el canto fluía del equipo de televisión, diciéndome que el final se acercaba. No estaba segura de lo que debía decir, entonces comencé a orar. Me paré y dirigí las mujeres en un resumen de las tres noches y de la película también. Luego les pedí que agacharan sus cabezas conmigo.

Me dije a mi misma, un poco decepcionada, pues les había pedido que si querían recibir a Jesus como su Señor, levantaran la mano. Y bueno, les dirijí en la oración de cualquier forma.

Quién hubiera sabido de que cuando terminamos la oración, my mamá les preguntó '¿Quien pidio a Jesus entrar en su corazon?' ....¡¡que todas levantaron la mano!! Cuando lo escuché, ¡¡yo quería brincar por gozo!!

¡Entonces ahora, mi mamá y yo estaremos teniendo un grupo hogareño, donde las seis mujeres y los 7 niños que aceptaron a Cristo puedan venir, ser discipulados y llegar a conocer a Jesus! ¡¡¡El es padrísimo!!!

¡¡Que seas maravillosamente bendecido hoy!!


Betania Snyder


No comments: